|Thank you for your interest in applying for the Community College Initiative Program. The December 26, 2016 deadline has passed and the application period has closed for AY 2017-2018.
The below information is for your reference only. Kindly keep checking the website for notification of the 2018-2019 announcement as updates to grants occur every year.
- Turkish Republic citizenship and current residency in Turkey is required. U.S. citizens, Green Card holders and individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency are not eligible to apply.
- Must be 18 years or older by the program start date (July or August 2017).
- It is mandatory to be registered at a Vocational School of Higher Education in Turkey.
- Individuals who have completed or are still enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s program are not eligible to apply.
- Cumulative grade point average of courses taken at the Vocational School of Higher Education must be at least 2.80 out of 4.00 or 70 out of 100.
- Cumulative grade point average of high school must be at least 3.50 out of 5.00 or 70 out of 100 at the time of graduation.
- English preparatory school and first year students will apply only with their high school GPAs. Second year students will apply only with their first year GPAs at their Vocational Schools.
- Minimum knowledge of the English language required is at the intermediate level.