Frequently Asked Questions
Deadline for Application27.12.2017
1. How long is the program?
The CCI Program is for one academic year (approximately nine-months long).
2. What is the sum of the grant?
The sum of the grant changes depending on the school and the U.S. state in which the grantee will reside. The grant covers college tuition and fees, health insurance, enrichment activities, accommodation, and living expenses plus a round trip plane ticket.
3. Where do I stay during the program?
Program officials arrange accommodation. Students stay mostly in dormitories or with grantees from other countries in shared housing.
4. Can I bring my spouse and kids with me?
You cannot take your spouse or kids with you as “dependents” because of the requirements of the program. Your family can visit you during holidays by obtaining a tourist visa.
5. Can I come to Turkey when there is a holiday in the USA?
No, you should stay in the USA during holidays.
6. Can I select the university that I will be going to in the USA?
No. The university will be determined by program officials. You can see the list of host universities in the previous academic years by clicking here.