Post Application Process
Deadline for Application27.12.2017
- After reviewing the application package and the relevant documents, the Turkish Fulbright Commission will invite competitive applicants to an interview that will be conducted in English.
- Applicants are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from Ankara for the interview.
- Nominees that are selected are required to attend all meetings organized by the Turkish Fulbright Commission.
- Depending on the student’s knowledge of the English language, selected nominees may be asked to join an English language course in Turkey before beginning their education in the USA. In such cases, education fees will be covered by the Turkish Fulbright Commission.
- Passport and visa expenses of selected nominees are also covered by the Commission.
- These Grants are allocated for the 2018-2019 academic year and will start in July 2018. The grant cannot be postponed to the following academic year.
- The colleges that the selected nominees will attend in the USA will be determined by the Community College Program officials.
- Grants do not require mandatory service, but students are required to return to Turkey after completion of the program in the United States pursuant to the USA J-1 visa (Exchange Visitor Visa) rule. Grantees cannot continue their education or transfer to 4-year schools in the USA.
- Grantees, who must return to Turkey after completing their programs cannot apply for Green Card (residence permit) or U.S. citizenship for 2 years, but can apply for a tourist visa upon their return.