Post Application Process
|Thank you for your interest in applying for the Community College Initiative Program. The December 26, 2016 deadline has passed and the application period has closed for AY 2017-2018.
The below information is for your reference only. Kindly keep checking the website for notification of the 2018-2019 announcement as updates to grants occur every year.
- After examining the application package and the relevant documents, the Turkish Fulbright Commission will invite competitive applicants to an interview that will be conducted in English.
- Applicants are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from Ankara for the interview.
- Nominees that are selected are required to attend all meetings organized by the Turkish Fulbright Commission.
- Depending on the student’s knowledge of the English language, selected nominees may be asked to join an English language course in Turkey before beginning their education in the U.S.A. In such cases, education fees will be covered by the Turkish Fulbright Commission.
- Passport and visa expenses of selected nominees are also covered by the Commission.
- These Grants are allocated for the 2017-2018 academic year and will start in July 2017. The Grant cannot be postponed to the following academic year.
- The schools that the selected nominees will attend in the U.S.A. will be determined by the Community College Program officials.
- Grants do not require mandatory service, but students are required to return to Turkey after completion of the program in the United States pursuant to the U.S.A. J-1 visa (Exchange Visitor Visa) rule. Grantees cannot continue their education or transfer to 4-year schools in the U.S.A.
- Grantees, who must return to Turkey after completing their programs cannot apply for Green Card (residence permit) or U.S. citizenship for 2 years, but can apply for a tourist visa upon their return.