|Thank you for your interest in applying for the Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA) Program. The September 8, 2017 deadline has passed and the application period has closed for AY 2018-2019.
The below information is for your reference only. Kindly keep checking the website for notification of the 2019-2020 announcement as updates to grants occur every year.
- Turkish Republic citizenship is required. U.S. citizens or Green Card holders are not eligible.
- Applicants must have a diploma for English language teaching or must be in training to become English language teachers at English Language Teaching Departments within Turkish universities, and at minimum must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree by the end of June 2018.
- Applicants who are from English Language/American Culture and Literature Departments are also eligible to apply, provided that they have a Pedagogical Formation Certificate.
- Applicants from Turkish Language Teaching, Turkish Language and Literature and Linguistics fields must both provide a Pedagogical Formation Certificate and possess a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
- Fluency in English is mandatory and should be demonstrated by a score of no less than 79 on Internet Based TOEFL or a 6 overall score on IELTS Academic.
- Applicants must be residing in Turkey throughout the nomination and selection process and must return to Turkey upon completion of the nine-month long program.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and professionalism. Plagiarism at any time during the application or grant period is grounds for selection withdrawal or grant termination.