Frequently Asked Questions
Deadline for Application08.09.2017
This is a nine-month long program.
2. What is the sum of the Grant?
The sum of the Grant changes depending on the university and the U.S. state the grantee will reside. The Grant covers health insurance, Fulbright enrichment activities, accommodation, and living expenses plus a round trip plane ticket.
3. Where do I stay during the program?
Depending on the university that you will be placed, you can choose between staying in a house/apartment or in a dormitory. Generally, grantees are responsible for arranging their own accommodation. However, they are expected to live near campus.
4. Can I take my wife/husband and kids with me?
You cannot take your wife/husband or kids with you as “dependents” because of the requirements of the Program. Your wife/husband and kids can visit you during holidays by getting a tourist visa.
5. Can I apply for the Fulbright Student Program after I complete the FLTA Program?
You can apply for the Fulbright Student Program after the end of your FLTA Program. However, FLTA alumni are required to complete their two-year home residence requirement before departing for a second Fulbright grant.
6. Can I come to Turkey when there is a holiday in the U.S.A.?
No, you should stay in the U.S.A. during holidays.
7. Is there a minimum GPA requirement in order to be eligible to apply for the Program?
There is no minimum GPA requirement to apply for the Program. However, you need to add your transcript in your application package.
8. Can I select the university that I will be going to in the U.S.A.?
No. The university will be determined by the Program officers. You can see the list of host universities in the previous academic years by clicking here.
9. I have recently graduated from university and I will not be working at an institution at the time of my application. Can I apply for the Program?
Yes, you can apply for the program.