How Can I Apply?
Deadline for Application08.09.2017
Hand-delivered Packages: The Application Package must be delivered by 17:00 on Friday, September 8, 2017 at the latest to our Commission’s Ankara Head Office.
Mail-delivered Packages: The Application Package must be shipped on September 8, 2017 and received by our Commission’s Ankara Head Office on Monday, September 11, 2017, at the latest. We recommend you to use a private courier to ship your application package. Application packages that are received after September 11, 2017 will not be evaluated.
All the necessary documents must be sent altogether in your application package. Subsequently sent documents to be included in your application package will not be accepted.
Documents that must be included in the application package are listed below:
Initially, applicants need to create an account on the online system named Embark and fill out the application form.
1. Application Form: The application form for the FLTA Program is completed using an online system. This online system can be reached via the “Apply” button at the upper right hand side of this page. Applicants are required to click on “Create an Account” and register by using an e-mail address and creating a password. Applicants may then log into their account and update information at different times. After submitting this application using the online system, a printout of the application form must be delivered to the Turkish Fulbright Commission’s Ankara Head Office with the following additional documents listed below:
2. Diploma/Student Certificate and Transcript: A certified diploma/student certificate and a transcript showing courses, grades, and grade point averages earned during undergraduate and any graduate education is required. Transcripts must be certified by the universities, translated into English and the grade point average (GPA) shown on these transcripts must be indicated on a 4.00 or 100 point scale.
3. Permission of Leave: Applicants must obtain a letter from their affiliated work institution stating that he/she has the permit to leave to study in the U.S.A.
4. Reference Letters: Applicants must provide at least three reference letters written in English. These letters can be presented in two ways:
- Electronic Reference Letter: Those who are asked to write an applicant a reference letter can send the letter electronically by filling in the reference letter form online via the Embark application system. If the reference provider’s e-mail address is registered into the system when the initial application form is completed, an Electronic Reference Letter form will be automatically sent to the indicated individual’s e-mail.
- Hand-delivered Reference Letter: The applicant may also obtain the reference letters personally and turn them in inside the application package. Please download the reference letter form and utilize this format for the letter. Reference letters must be sealed and signed across the envelope’s seal by the individual who has written the reference.
Reference letters that are sent in formats other than the above are not accepted. Reference letters that are sent via e-mail or faxed are not accepted. Applications missing reference letters will not be evaluated.
5. Photocopy of the TOEFL iBT or IELTS Academic scores: Valid exam results must be included in the application package.
6. Photocopy of the Pedagogical Formation Certificate or an official document stating that the candidate has started the pedagogical formation course and will receive the certificate by June 2018.
7. National Identity Card: Photocopy of your national identity card (front and back) is required.
8. Photograph: One current photograph with applicant’s name written on the back of the photograph must be provided.
IMPORTANT: Applications that are missing any one of the above-mentioned documents as of September 8, 2017 or do not meet the criteria specified will not be evaluated. Documents delivered to the Turkish Fulbright Commission for application will not be returned under any circumstances.
To be sure that your application is complete, click here to download the Document Checklist.