Deadline for Application16.07.2018
- Turkish Republic citizenship is required. U.S. citizens or Green Card holders cannot apply.
- University degree or graduation from a 4-year college is required.
- Applicants must not be older than 45 years old at the time of application deadline.
- Applicants should be proficient in both written and spoken English and should be able to have a minimum TOEFL Score of 71 (iBT), although exceptionally promising candidates with low scores (minimum 42 iBT) may be nominated for the fellowship on the condition that they take the Long-Term English Training before the program starts. (It is not required to submit language test scores at the time of application.)
- Applicants should be young and mid-career professionals currently working at a governmental institution or a private sector or an NGO as administrators, specialists or planners who have a commitment to public service.
- Applicants should be interested in the policy aspect of their field of specialization and have policy responsibility within their institution, city, region or nation. Related work should be described in detail on the application form.
- Applicants should have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience in the relevant field prior to August 2019.
- Applicants should not have lived in the U.S.A. for more than six months in the last five years prior to August 2019.
- Applicants should not have attended a graduate school in the U.S.A. for one academic year or more during the last seven years prior to August 2019.
- University teachers and academic researchers who have management responsibilities can apply (see the whole list of program fields here).
- University teachers and academic researchers with no management responsibilities can only apply in the fields of “Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment” and “Teaching of English as a Foreign Language”.
- Teachers who are not working at the post-secondary level cannot apply.
- A candidate who has never had a significant professional stay abroad is encouraged to apply.
- Applications of women are encouraged.