How Can I Apply?
Deadline for Application16.07.2018
Application Deadline: For the 2019-2020 academic year Hubert H. Humphrey Program, applicants are required to prepare an “Application Package” and mail or deliver it to the Commission’s Ankara Head Office.
Hand-delivered Packages: The Application Package must be delivered by 17:00 on Monday, July 16, 2018 at the latest to our Commission’s Ankara Head Office.
Mail-delivered Packages: The Application Package must be shipped on Monday, July 16, 2018 and received by our Commission’s Ankara Head Office on Wednesday, July 18, 2018, at the latest. We recommend you to use a private carrier to ship your application package. Application packages that are received after July 18, 2018 will not be evaluated.
All the necessary documents must be sent altogether in your application package. Subsequently sent documents to be included in your application package will not be accepted.
Documents that must be included in the application package are listed below:
1. Application Form: The application form for the Humphrey Fellowship Program is completed using the online Embark application system. This online system can be reached via the “Apply” button at the upper right hand side of this page. Applicants are required to click on “Register” and create an account by using an e-mail address and setting a password. Applicants may then log into their account and update information at different times.
You may find information on how to fill the online application form here.
After submitting this application using the online system, a printout of the application must be delivered to the Turkish Fulbright Commission, Ankara Head Office with the additional documents listed below. Only then your application will be completed.
2. Diploma and Transcript: A certified copy of your university diploma/student certificate and a certified transcript document, in Turkish or in English, showing courses, grades, and GPAs acquired for all degrees are required.
3. Reference Letters: Applicants should provide at least two reference letters. These letters can be presented in two ways:
Electronic Reference Letter: Those who are asked to write an applicant a reference letter can send the letter electronically by filling in the reference letter form online via the Embark application system. If the reference provider’s e-mail address is registered into the system when the initial application form is completed, an Electronic Reference Letter form will be automatically sent to the indicated individual’s email.
Hand-delivered Reference Letter: The applicant may obtain the reference letter personally and send it with the rest of the application documents. Please download the reference letter form and utilize this format for the letter. Reference letters must be sealed and signed across the envelope’s seal by the individual who has written the reference.
Any other format besides the designated format cannot be used for the Humphrey Fellowship Program application. Reference letters that are sent via e-mail or faxed are not accepted. Applications missing reference letters will not be evaluated. Reference letters must be written in English.
4. Work Experience: Applicants must obtain a letter from their affiliated work institutions stating that he/she will possess at least 5 years of experience in the related field by the program start date. This letter must state that the applicant has not lived in the U.S.A. for more than six months in the last five years prior to August 2019. If an individual has worked at different institutions in the past 5 years, they must list their work experiences, the names of their supervisors and contact information in a petition, along with the letter from their current institution.
5. Permission of Leave: Applicants must obtain a letter from their affiliated work institution stating that he/she has the permit to take a leave for the duration of the Humphrey Program in the U.S.A.
6. National Identity Card: Photocopy of the national identity card (front and back) is required. The photocopy does not need to be certified.
7. Photograph: One current photograph with the applicant’s name written on the back of the photograph must be provided.
8. English Language Test Score: If the applicant has taken the TOEFL or IELTS, he/she is encouraged to provide a photocopy of the result. It is not necessary to send certified or official copies at the time of application. The results of other tests for English proficiency can also be submitted at the time of application.
After being selected for the Program, selected candidates will be asked to provide a medical form in addition to the documents listed above.
IMPORTANT: Documents delivered to the Turkish Fulbright Commission for application will not be returned under any circumstance.
To check your application’s completeness, click here to download the Document Checklist.