|Who Can Apply?
||Those who are registered to a Ph.D. program at one of the Turkish universities and who have completed or who are about to complete their course-work and are at the level of writing a dissertation
- Having taken the comprehensive exam is not a requirement for the Grant but a dissertation topic has to be determined and the course-work will need to be completed before the time of traveling to the USA. Also, nominees must be registered to their current Ph.D. programs in Turkey at the time of traveling to the USA.
||Those with advanced level of English skills
! Applicants must have a minimum of 75 TOEFL iBT or 6 Academic IELTS score
- TOEFL iBT institution code: B126
- You may select “Fulbright Commission Turkey” from the “IELTS Recognising Organisations” list to send your IELTS score to our Commission
Test score reports must be valid until the application deadline.
|Who Cannot Apply?
- Those who are not citizens of the Turkish Republic
- Those who have Green Card or United States citizenship
- Those who currently reside, work, or study in the United States
- Those who has resided in the United States for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application (who has lived in the United States for nine months or more during a calendar year is deemed to have resided in the United States for that year)
- Nominees of Medical Sciences, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and Psychology who are studying in the clinical subfields which require direct contact with patients (other subfields of these fields are accepted for application)
- You need to choose “Visiting Student Researcher” on the online application form for the “Degree Objective” section
- Only slight changes can be made on the dissertation topic which will be stated on the application form, but it cannot be completely changed.
- Nominees for the Fulbright Ph.D. Dissertation Research Grant do not have to take the GRE or the GMAT before or after the application period.
- It is not necessary to get an invitation from a U.S. university. Those who have applied for and got an invitation from a U.S. university can defer their invitation to the 2018-2019 academic year and apply for the Fulbright Grant.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.