|Thank you for your interest in applying for the Fulbright Postdoctoral Program. The October 16, 2017 deadline has passed and the application period has closed for AY 2018-2019.
The below information is for your reference only. Kindly keep checking the website for notification of the 2019-2020 announcement as updates to grants occur every year.
- Turkish Republic citizenship is required. U.S. citizens or Green Card holders cannot apply for the grant.
- At the time of application for the program, candidates must have completed their PhD dissertation defense and be able to document it.
- Candidates must be holders of a PhD degree for five years at the most at the time of application (For those who have received their PhD degree prior to the last 5 years may apply to the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program).
- A good command of the English language is required in order to be able to conduct research at the US universities and research centers and to attend cultural events. Please see the application criteria here.
- This program requires young scholars to design and propose a research project which has been launched in Turkey. The project must have potential to contribute to the academic world in Turkey and research materials, resources or primary sources needed to complete the research project should only be available in the USA.
- Candidates who currently reside in the USA or are planning to reside in the USA right after the application process ends and/or scholars who currently work in the USA cannot apply for this program.
- Applications of those who have resided in the United States for one academic year (9 months) or more in the last five years for education, research, or work will not be prioritized.
- Nominees of Medical Sciences, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and Psychology, who are studying in the clinical sub-fields which require direct contact with patients are not eligible to apply. Other sub-fields of these fields are accepted for application.
- Medical Doctors can apply within five years after the completion of their specialization in order to be eligible for the program.