Deadline for Application16.10.2017
- The Fulbright Postdoctoral Program is designed for young scholars who would like to conduct research in their academic field in the USA. Scholars will be granted a research scholarship by the Turkish Fulbright Commission for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- The aim of the Fulbright Postdoctoral Program is to enable young scholars to conduct research in the USA, taking advantage of the expertise of senior faculty members in their own fields, and to promote scientific interaction between the two countries.
- This program covers scholars’ living expenses during the grant period, professional allowance, health insurance (Accident and Sickness Benefit Program for Exchanges) and a round-trip plane ticket.
- Scholars selected for this grant are required to begin and complete their research in the USA following the year they apply for this Program. It is mandatory that the research is done in the academic year stated and it should start in the Fall of 2018. The Grant cannot be postponed from one academic year to the next. Grant period is one academic year only (approximately 9 months).
- The grant is non-refundable. However, copies of published work that is produced from research conducted in the USA through this Program should be provided to the Turkish Fulbright Commission. It should be specified that work has been completed within the scope of the Fulbright Postdoctoral Program.
- Grants do not require mandatory service, however, after completion of the program in the USA, grantees are required to return to Turkey pursuant to the U.S.A J-1 visa (International Exchange Visitor) rule.