Deadline for Application30.10.2017
- Turkish Republic citizenship is required. US citizens or Green Card holders cannot apply for the grant.
- Scholars must be holders of a PhD degree for at least five years at the time of application.
- There is no upper age limit to apply.
- A good command of the English language is required in order to be able to conduct research at the US universities and research centers and to attend cultural events. Please see the application criteria here.
- This program requires young scholars to design and propose a research project which has been launched in Turkey. The project must have potential to contribute to the academic world in Turkey and research materials, resources or primary sources needed to complete the research project should only be available in the USA.
- Scholars who currently reside in the USA at the time of application or are planning to reside in the USA right after the application process ends and/or scholars who work in the USA at the time of application cannot apply for the Visiting Scholar Program.
- Grantees should start their research activities in the USA with the start of their Fulbright Grant.
- Applications of those who have resided in the United States for one academic year (9 months) or more in the last five years for education, research, or work will not be prioritized.
- Nominees of Medical Sciences, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and Psychology, who are studying in the clinical sub-fields which require direct contact with patients are not eligible to apply. Other sub-fields of these fields are accepted for application.
- Medical Doctors are required to wait five years after completing their specialization in order to be eligible to apply for the Visiting Scholar Program.