|Thank you for your interest in applying for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program. The October 30, 2017 deadline has passed and the application period has closed for AY 2018-2019.
The below information is for your reference only. Kindly keep checking the website for notification of the 2019-2020 announcement as updates to grants occur every year.
- The Visiting Scholar Program is designed for academic scholars who would like to conduct a full-time research project in their academic field in the USA. Scholars will be granted a research scholarship by the Turkish Fulbright Commission for 2018-2019 academic year.
- This program covers scholars’ living expenses during the grant period, professional allowance, health insurance (Accident and Sickness Benefit Program for Exchanges) and a round-trip plane ticket.
- Scholars are required to begin and complete their research in the USA following the year they apply for this program. It is mandatory that the research is done in the academic year stated and it should start in August 1, 2018 at the earliest and in February 1, 2019 at the latest. It is not possible to start the program sooner or later than this time-frame.
- Candidates selected for this grant cannot postpone the grant from one academic year to the next.
- The program time-frame is for a minimum of three months to a maximum of twelve months. The length of the grant will be determined by evaluating the needs of the project that is proposed and also by the financial arrangements of the program.
- The grant is non-refundable. However, copies of published work that is produced from research conducted in the USA through this Program should be provided to the Turkish Fulbright Commission. It should be specified that work has been completed within the scope of the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.
- Grants do not require mandatory service however, after completion of the program in the United States, grantees are required to return to Turkey pursuant to the USA J-1 visa (International Exchange Visitors) rule.