Post Application Process
Application Review Process:
The interviews will be held in June 2018.
- Initial Orientation: A mandatory meeting about the details of the grant will be held. Information about the required and updated documents for candidacy will be shared at this meeting.
- Placement Process: The application process can be carried out in two ways:
- Through the Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Through self-applications of nominated candidates
- Required Documents for Visa: In March 2019, all placed grantees will be asked to provide a medical form and submit a passport which will be valid for at least 12 months. After these documents are received by the Commission, the visa application form will be delivered to the grantees and they will be asked to apply for their visas.
- Pre-Departure Orientation: A mandatory meeting about the details of grantees’ departure and settling in the USA will be held in June 2019.
- Departure: Generally, beginning in April 2019, placements of grantees will be finalized and the grantees who receive their visas will start to depart Turkey as of June depending on their academic calendar.
Post Grant Process:
- Grants do not require any mandatory service; however after the completion of the program in the United States, grantees are required to return to Turkey pursuant to the USA J-1 visa (International Exchange Visitors) rules for a cumulative total of two years.