Post Application Process
|Thank you for your interest in applying for the Master’s Grant. The April 10, 2017 deadline has passed and the application period has closed for AY 2018-2019.
The below information is for your reference only. Kindly keep checking the website for notification of the 2019-2020 announcement as updates to grants occur every year.
Application Review Process:
The interviews will be held in June 2017.
- Initial Orientation: A mandatory meeting about the details of the grant will be held in September 2017. Information about the required and updated documents for candidacy will be shared at this meeting.
- Placement Process: The application process can be carried out in two ways:
- Through the Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Through self-applications of nominated candidates
- Required Documents for Visa: In March 2018, all the placed grantees will be asked to provide a medical form and submit a passport which will be valid for at least 12 months. After these documents are received by the Commission, the visa application form will be delivered to the grantees and they will be asked to apply for their visas.
- Pre-Departure Orientation: A mandatory meeting about the details of grantees’ departure and settling in the USA will be held in June 2018.
- Departure: Beginning from April 2018, the placements of grantees will be finalized and the grantees who receive their visa will start to depart Turkey as of June depending on their academic calendar.
Grants do not require any mandatory service; however after the completion of the program in the United States, grantees are required to return to Turkey pursuant to the USA J-1 visa (International Exchange Visitors) rules for a cumulative total of two years. (For the website of J-1 Visa please click here)