|Who Can Apply?
- Master’s degree holders or master’s students who will have their Master’s degree by July 2018 at the latest
- 4-year university graduates or students who will graduate by July 2018 at the latest (3rd or 4th year students)
|Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
||Graduates: Graduation CGPA of at least 3.50 out of 4.00 or 88.33 out of 100 (depending on the university’s official grading system)
Students: CGPA of at least 3.50 out of 4.00 or 88.33 out of 100 (depending on the university’s official grading system) at the end of Fall 2016 (academic success must be sustained until graduation)
- The undergraduate CGPA of those who will apply to integrated PhD programs during or after undergraduate degree, is required to comply with the criteria set out above
- When a transcript provides CGPA in both grading systems (out of 4.00 and out of 100), the 4.00 grading scale will be taken into consideration
||Those with advanced level of English skills
! Applicants must have a minimum of 75 TOEFL iBT or 6 Academic IELTS score
TOEFL iBT institution code: B126
You may select our Commission from the “IELTS Recognising Organisations” list to send your IELTS score
Test score reports must be valid until the application deadline.
|Who Cannot Apply?
- Those who are not citizens of the Turkish Republic
- Those who hold United States citizenship / Green Card or whose Green Card status has been officially granted and has started the approval process.
- Those who currently reside, work, or study in the United States or who plan on residing, working, or studying in the United States during the Fulbright placement process
- Those who has resided in the United States for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application (if the applicant has lived in the United States for nine months or more during a calendar year, s/he is deemed to have resided in the United States for that year)
- Holders of a PhD degree and those who are registered to a PhD program for more than 2 academic semesters at the time of the application deadline
- Nominees of Medical Sciences, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and Psychology who are studying in the clinical subfields which require direct contact with patients (other subfields of these fields are accepted for application)
- You need to choose “Doctorate” on the online application form for “Degree Objective” section
- If you applied for the Fulbright Student Program before, you must start your current application with a new e-mail address.
- If you have a minor or a double major degree and apply for the Grant in that field, the CGPA of that degree will be taken into consideration
- Although a GRE or GMAT test score in not requested at the time of application, the nominated candidates have to provide their scores according to their fields of study by December 2017
- It is not necessary to be admitted to an U.S. university. Those who have applied and have been admitted to an U.S. university can defer their admission to 2018-2019 academic year and apply for the Fulbright Grant.
- There is no upper age limit
- Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.