Information for Turkish Universities
- Turkish university faculty can encourage their colleagues in the United States to apply to the award programs provided by the Turkish Fulbright Commission.
- The Turkish Fulbright Commission provides different types of grants for American scholars to work with their Turkish counterparts. The grants are awarded in American Studies and American Literature, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences and Humanities, Science and Technology, Engineering and TEFL. For detailed information about the catalog of awards please visit goo.gl/rmfAVJ
- Turkish faculty can invite American faculty to lecture (Senior Lecturer) at their universities from periods ranging from four and a half to nine months.
- Turkish faculty can invite American faculty to conduct research (Senior Researcher) at their universities from periods ranging from four and a half to nine months.
- The Turkish Fulbright Commission provides grants to U.S. Scholars to lecture or conduct research with Turkish counterparts during the period of their grants. The grant covers round-trip ticket, accommodation and living expenses and some research expenses.
- Turkish universities who would like to host American faculty on their campuses can contact the American Programs Unit of the Turkish Fulbright Commission for further information at email@example.com
- Turkish universities who would like to host U.S. faculty on their campuses, either to lecture or to conduct research, cannot apply for the grant as an institution or on behalf of an individual. The U.S. Scholar must start his/her application and should meet the application requirements.
- The U.S. Scholar Program candidate and their prospective host university in Turkey should communicate in advance about grant requirements and deadlines. It is very important for Turkish universities to provide an invitation letter for the U.S. scholars to support their applications before the deadline, so the letter can be included in the U.S. scholar’s application package.
Post Application Process
- After the application deadline, technical screening is done by the program center in the United States to determine if the candidates are eligible for the grants.
- Application forms of those candidates who completed the technical screening are then sent by the program center to the Turkish Fulbright Commission for evaluation.
- The Turkish Fulbright Commission evaluates the applications by organizing a dossier evaluation committee. The names of candidates who will be awarded grants, as selected by the dossier evaluation committee, are sent to the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board for final approval.
- In February those candidates who have been approved by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board will be informed by the program center in the United States and the Turkish Fulbright Commission. At that time, the Turkish Fulbright Commission will also provide information about procedures and grant documents. The Commission also contacts the Turkish host universities to start the legal procedures at the universities/institutions.